The dry run protection accesory, protects your pump from running dry and getting damaged.
If the water level drops below the dry run protector, the controller will stop the pump and delay the restart for 15 minutes for the water level to recover. To force a quick restart, turn the controller off, then on again.
The dry run protection accesory must be positioned vertically, within 10°.
If the pump is not going to be installed vertically, find an alternative way to mount or suspend the dry run protection accessory, so that it is located higher than the pump and in a vertical position.
For more information, please click on the following link:
Fixing and submersion depth
- Along with the dry run protection accesory two cables ties are provided.
- Clamp the accesory to the pipe just above the pump outlet as shown in the picture below.
- The maximum submersion depth is 50 meters.
Connection to the controller
Connect the dry run protection accessory to the controller input as shown in the following video:
The dry run protection accesory can be activated in two ways:
- Using the S-Connect application (with a Smartphone or tablet) and
- without using the S-Connect app, in case you do not have a Smartphone at hand.
To activate the dry run protection accesory via the app using a Smartphone, refer to the article below for more information:
Activate the dry run protection using the App
To activate the dry run protection accessory without using the S-Connect app, see the link below: